Down at the RGS

Image by me...

A very pleasant day at the Royal Geographical Society yesterday for a training day for Geography Regional Subject Advisers. Thanks to Judy Mansell and co for hosting us...
The day was led by the National Subject Leads: David Rayner and Ruth Totterdell, and we also had sessions from Fred Martin, who provided an excellent overview on the use of GIS, and 2 GIS providers: Diana Freeman from the Advisory Unit with AEGIS, and James Sawle from Digital Worlds.
The CfBT support is focussing on the use of GIS technologies this year.
If you need some support with the use of GIS in your Key Stage 3 Geography teaching. get in touch, and I'll pass you on to the relevant adviser: if you teach in the East of England, you can get support from Katharine Hutchinson and I...

Perhaps the easiest thing is to have a TAXI DRIVER for a geography teacher ?
According to research by University College London, they have a particular type of brain...

Image from UCL via BBC website

And to wind down from my trip, I took my Spore creature, who I've called Ferenczvaros, out of the cell stage and on to the land !

Comments