Happy new year !

So it's back to school time...
For twenty years, right about now I was beginning to get that feeling that I used to get when I was younger and we were going to go on holiday the day after... a sort of anxious but excited feeling. I seldom had a very good night's sleep the day before the start of term, but as soon as I was in (and I was always in school very early every day to get things sorted)

My 3rd year working for the Geographical Association (where have the previous two gone ?) is about to begin...

A few things are making me particularly happy this new year.

The first is the nature of my job, which continues to throw up new challenges and opportunities. Culturally, there are a couple of new things too..

The first is the arrival of new RUSH music: the single CARAVAN and BU2B have some great instrumental sections and bode well for the forthcoming album. Caravan has some good lyrics, notably:

In a world where I feel so small
I can’t stop thinking big

The second cultural thing in my life is the return of MAD MEN: on BBC4 on Wednesday... the best thing on the telly by far...

Comments