#w3g and the AGI

Am doing a day's work before heading off for the dentist.. ouch... and then over to Stratford upon Avon this evening ready for an event tomorrow, which is the precursor to the annual AGI Geo-Community meeting.

As a blogger since 2003, on all things geographical, I thought that it would be good to offer my services as a 'guest blogger' and also see how I could connect what was being discussed and presented at this more 'industry-related' forum with what students in the classroom might be presented with, and the ways that teachers would interact with the material.

Opportunities in a changing world is the title of the event, and this would also refer to the work that geography teachers do in terms of 'selling' the subject of geography to students, and stressing its future vocational potential. Richard Waite's message on the AGI website talks about the opportunities that there might be in the future, although most of us are waiting for some big decisions on cuts to be announced next month.

I was interested in this area further due to the recent strategic partnership between the Geographical Association (my employer) and ESRI UK (a major sponsor of the AGI Geo-Community) and provider of software and data for many of the exhibitors present at the event.
A PDF download of the details of the strategic partnership can be downloaded from HERE.

So I shall be going to as many of the sessions as I can, and blogging and tweeting the various events, also as a precursor to what I hope will be some more similar activity for the GA Conference in April 2011.

Follow me on Twitter: @GeoBlogs if you don't already...


Oh, and why was Shakespeare not allowed in any of the pubs in Stratford ? Because he was 'bard'....

Comments