Transition projects...

I am starting to think ahead for an event in March in Devon.
I am leading a day on transition between Primary and Secondary schools. I would be really interested in projects that you have heard about or have taken part in to support students when they move from primary (or middle) schools to senior schools - particularly from KS2 to KS3... If these are geographical in nature that would be even better!

What transition projects do you do with feeder primaries ??
To what extent do you know what goes on in geography lessons in  your feeder primary schools ?

I have some ideas based around exploration, and the preparation for the change as being a geographical expedition with some preparations... Mission:Explore will be making an appearance of course...
Other schools use the idea of a PASSPORT which students prepare and then take with them when they move. My son found this helpful when he moved to a new school.

Going to be looking at the PRIMARY CHAMPIONS Ning for some ideas and consulting with Primary colleagues, but please add a comment below or get in touch via my profile if you have a really good idea that you want to publicise....

Comments