Operation Iceberg


I was reading about this project last week. The plan is to follow an iceberg through its journey from calving in Greenland to eventual melting.
I was even more interested about it when I realised that two of my favourite geographers were involved in the education angle of the project: Kenny O' Donnell and Helen Young.
Filming starts shortly in the Arctic and the programmes are scheduled to be broadcast in September.
You can follow Helen Czerski, an oceanographer who is involved in the project on Twitter, along with Chris Packham.

The project comes 100 years after an iceberg caused the demise of the 'Titanic'...

The image above is from my former colleague Chris Dixon who was fortunate enough to visit Antarctica at the end of last year, as part of his 'reward' to himself when he retired....

Image: Chris Dixon - click for biggery...

Comments