3 hour exams...

This excellent blog post made me a little angry too...

Yet again a 'one-sized fits all' policy is being applied because of alleged rigour, and will cause real problems for students who aren't able to concentrate for that period of time. I admit to being one of those people.
When, in life, does the ability to write about something for 3 hours come into play... I've spent most of the last two years writing.... and I've never done a three hour stretch without a break, or music playing, or a stroll down the stairs to the kettle...

The changes to GCSEs will come in from 2015, which means my son will be in one of the first years to have those changes too...

With 25% extra time, there may well be almost 4 hours ahead, for every subject that is taken ?
I hope this changes by the time the final specifications and assessment arrangements are decided...

Comments