Glastonbury - the aftermath....

On the way back from Cornwall yesterday, the train I was on made an unscheduled stop at Castle Cary.
I first visited the station some 25 years ago, when having an interview at a nearby school. I spent longer there than planned as due to an incident further down the line, and ended up sat there for hours... I didn't get the job either...

On Monday evening I passed through again, bound for Paddington.
The train filled with many tired festival goers, as we helped out with congestion on the platform...
The clean-up is now underway. It will take about six weeks apparently.

This would make a useful case study for a range of issues, and at this time of year, with so many festivals and events, it would make a good way to round off a year, given that exam groups are otherwise engaged, and options have been made in Year 9, for example...

This year there were new toilets, which were apparently better than the classic ones. As I was working with the Geography Collective when I went, we had access to decent portaloos, and I didn't often have to resort to the long drops with their festering lakes of human waste...

And here are my photos from the experience of 2010.... it was fairly epic...




Comments