What does winter mean to you ?

That's a key question posed by the Pole of Cold team who are currently heading for Oymyakon, the coldest inhabited place in the world, to explore how communities cope with extreme cold. I've been thinking about this in the last few days, as we move towards Christmas which (when I was a lad) would guarantee freezing temperatures and plentiful snow....

What's the coldest you've ever been, and where were you at the time ?

Please tweet me a reply to @GeoBlogs, or add a blog comment below. Thanks to those folks who have already replied in the few minutes since I tweeted the original question...

All replies will be much appreciated, and I will make use of them in some resources I am currently preparing... after all, I can't do nothing just because I'm on holiday....

While we're on the subject of winter, have some free Mission:Explore missions which are all primed and ready should we get a white Christmas, which is looking quite unlikely judging by the shirt-sleeve weather we currently have in Norfolk...

Comments