MOOCs: two that I'm going to get involved in

Holiday catch-up post 5
There are two MOOCs that I'm signed up for, which start in a few weeks time... These will form part of my personal CPD - as a Chartered Geographer, I have to fill in a CPD log each year to show that I am making an effort to develop my professional capacity.

1. GOING PLACES WITH SPATIAL ANALYSIS


Run by ESRI, and connected with ArcGIS Online, which is one of my targets for this year to get more integrated into the teaching I do. An intro video here.

2. THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION


IoE - Future of Education Promo from Imotion Films on Vimeo.

This is run by the Institute of Education in London, and Claire Brookes, who is also involved with the MA in Geography Education which I was signed up to when working for the GA, but never started in the end. It promises to focus on some interesting questions which look at some of the bigger purposes of education.
The VIMEO channel is already up... which includes some interesting videos with Professor Alex Moore on 'what makes a good teacher'...

Comments